2023 Membership Form
Please fill out one form for each child attending.
Parent/Guardian #1 Information
Parent/Guardian #2 Information
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
Please provide two emergency contacts OTHER THAN the parents/guardians listed above.
Does your child have any special needs/requirements in the following areas? If yes, please explain further and indicate any diagnoses and medications that they are taking.
If your child requires the use of any medications (for allergies, medical conditions, etc.) while participating in our programs, separate medical/permission forms will be required. Forms are available online (www.bgcbattlefords.ca) or in person (by visiting the office).
CUSTODY AND/OR COURT ORDER
If a custody or court order exists, a copy of the order must be given to BGC Battlefords. The parent/guardian is responsible for providing accurate and up to date information concerning the legal guardianship of the child. Without a custody or court order on file, BGC Battlefords cannot deny access to the non-enrolling parent.
Our Annual Membership fee is $5 - this is due upon completing this membership form. With the membership fee, your child gains access to all programming offered at BGC Battlefords' including the Non-School Days Program at our Main Site (e.g. Winter Break, PD Days, etc.), as well as our Special Programs (e.g. Lacrosse, Music, Soccer, and more). Summer Park Drop-in Programs are free for everyone (membership fee is waived for July and August).
E-transfers can be sent to ac.bcgb@stnemyap. Please indicate the child's full name in the memo section. BGC Battlefords is set up for automatic deposit of e-transfers which means no password is required. When e-transfer is not available, the other forms of payment accepted at the office are: cash, debit or credit. Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30am-3:30pm.
MEDIA CONSENT & RELEASE
PARENT/GUARDIAN CODE OF CONDUCT
The purpose of the Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct is to provide a mutual understanding regarding conduct expectations. BGC Battlefords staff are committed to providing a caring and supportive environment for all families by acting with integrity and holding themselves to the highest standard of ethical conduct. We recognize the importance and value of a mutually supportive and respectful relationship between the staff and parents/guardians. Parents/guardians play an important role by supporting the efforts of the staff in maintaining a safe environment when they follow protocols.
BGCB prohibits the following behaviors:
• Abuse and harassment of any kind towards staff and volunteers will not be tolerated.
• Unpaid fees for services. Suitable arrangements must be mutually agreed upon.
• Unsatisfactory attempt to resolve an issue using the conflict resolution steps.
• A participating child/youth’s inappropriate behaviors which cause a risk to themself and other participants on a continual basis, even after supportive care plan meetings with Management.
• Parents/guardians that choose to post grievances and criticism publicly on social media that disparages the reputation of BGCB or its employees and have not sought direct communication with the Executive Director or Director of Programs for clarity and/or conflict resolution.
Anyone not respecting the above guidelines may be suspended from program registration and/or asked to leave BGCB premises and/or have services terminated. In less severe situations, where remediation is viable, a warning will be provided, either verbally or in writing.
If BGCB plans to terminate service, a phone call will be made to the family by either the Director of Programs or the Executive Director. Additionally, a detailed note regarding the termination will be placed in the Membership File.
PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT
This Participant Code of Conduct has been crafted by BGC Battlefords to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all participants at our programs. It balances the safety of participants, staff, and volunteers with respect for our participants and the desire to see everyone succeed while having fun. It is our expectation that all children and youth will follow these guidelines, as will our staff and volunteers.
Participant Code of Conduct
• Show respect for others:
• No running indoors
• Maintain a low volume indoors
• No name calling, profanity, or aggressive language
• No shoving, pushing, hitting, fighting, or any other aggressive physical contact
• Ensure you have the consent of other participants before touching them in any way (including hugs, patting, etc.)
• Be kind and polite
• Join in on the day’s activity/program
• Show respect for Club staff and volunteers:
• Always listen to staff
• Always get permission to leave the group before leaving (let them know if you need to use the washroom, get a drink, etc.)
• Show respect for the facility and equipment:
• Always ask permission before going into another room
• Always ask permission before taking out equipment or supplies
• Take part in the clean-up of toys, supplies, equipment, etc.
• Show respect for yourself:
• Ask questions
• Speak out when you have an idea
• Let staff know if you’re not having fun
Bullying and Harrasment
BGC Battlefords has a zero tolerance for bullying, and staff will act accordingly when they believe that this is taking place. Bullying and Harassment are defined as any inappropriate conduct, comment or behaviour that intimidates, demeans, humiliates or embarrasses a person, and that a reasonable person would know it unwelcome. It may be a single incident, or continue over time, typically between individuals with an imbalance of power.
The following behaviours may result in the immediate suspension of a participant. Depending on the severity of the behaviour or repeat offences, the suspension may, at Club’s discretion, last a day, week, or the remainder of the program year.
• Derogatory comments regarding someone’s race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
• Endangering the health or safety of a participant and/or staff, members, and volunteers.
• Stealing or willfully damaging Club or personal property
• Leaving the program without permission
Other infractions of the Participant Code of Conduct may also, over time, lead to the suspension or dismissal of participants. Parents/guardians of children will be made aware of these infractions and asked to provide assistance in finding solutions before suspension or dismissal are considered.
We commit to teaching these guidelines to all participants and to enforcing them fairly. We ask that parents help us by reinforcing these expectations with their children and by helping their children understand the importance of showing respect to others, the organization, and themselves.
Parents/Guardians: Please read and initial the following statements agreeing to:
*If you would like a copy of this membership, please contact the office at 306-445-0002 or ac.bcgb@ofni
This membership is valid from January 1st, 2023 to December 31st, 2023. Membership Fee is $5.00 per child and is non-refundable. BGC Battlefords is committed to protecting the confidentiality of personal information. The information collected will assist BGC Battlefords in service delivery and is kept confidential.